Do I Qualify?
Simply put…in addition to meeting federal law requirements…you must:
1. Be a citizen of the United States or a legal resident alien who can document continuous residency in the county for at least six months and has declared in writing to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services the intent to acquire citizenship status and can present proof of the written declaration to the sheriff at the time of application for the license.
2. Be 21 or older.
3. Not be convicted or found guilty of a felon.
4. Not be convicted or found guilty of a misdemeanor, within the 4 years prior to the application.
5. No outstanding warrants for your arrest or free on any form of pretrial release.
6. Demonstrates competence with a handgun (Your Oregon concealed certificate of completion)
7. a) Be an Oregon resident or a resident of a bordering state (Washington, Idaho, Nevada or California) b) Have current address on applicant’s driver’s license
8. Not have received a dishonorable discharge from the U.S. Armed Forces
9. Not be registered as a sex offender in any state
10. Not be subject to a citation for stalking or a protective order issued pursuant to certain statutory provisions
11. a) Not have been committed to the Oregon Health Authority. b) Not have been found to be mentally ill and not be subject to an order that the person be prohibited from purchasing or possessing a firearm as a result of that mental illness.